Edu-Daze

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Gala Time in Holi-Daze

Well, I am updating this blog of mine while invigilating the Alpha English Placement Test. Cool, huh? To tell you the truth, not really. I know that I am supposed to go round and round watching these poor students attempting their AEPT, but...hey...come on, I am physically, mentally and emotionally drained out by now. This is my SECOND night in a row doing this invigilation.

I have been stuck here in campus since 8.30am. It has been a "fun-filled" day indeed: three hours of invigilating the IEPT this morning and two sessions of AEPT since 5.30pm. I can't really describe how I feel at the moment. I pity these students who have to sit for this AEPT during this time of the day, but I pity my own kids the most. (Sorry YJ, Sorry WJ...Mummy will be home late again tonight. Sigh...)

Yeah, yeah...it is all part and parcel being a lecturer here. I am just keeping my fingers (and toes, too) crossed hoping that my name (and also my dear buddies who are invigilating tonight) will not be listed for the next December intake AEPT invigilation.

It has been indeed a long day today. Kev, thanks for buying me the 'char kuey teow'. Sue...happy compiling, start "grilling" if you have to, the bbq pit is ready for you;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home