Edu-Daze

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The Art of Survival

Here are some tips on how to survive being my students for the next twelve weeks:
#1. Bring your books to class.
Treat your books like your credit cards: never leave home without them. Well, some of you might prefer to share books. Sharing isn't always caring and I would prefer not to see anyone of you having an extra long neck and end up looking like a giraffe by the end of this trimester;)
#2. Invest in a dictionary.
Get a good one that is able to last you a lifetime. Do not depend on your friends and lecturer to be your walking dictionary:)
#3. Complete your homework before you enter my class.
Yup. As adult learners, you should know your responsibilities. I sincerely hope that you will complete all assignments and homework before you go to your classes. Please bear in mind that colllaborative work with your friends from other groups isn't welcomed.
#4. Speak, Speak, Speak
My dear beloved students...if you need to speak, please speak as long as whatever that comes out from your mouths doesn't have to go through certain filters. I hope I don't have to do any monologues in class this time around. By the way, my attention often goes off-track when the class is too quiet.
#5. Attendance (attend-dance?/at-ten-dance?)
A firm reminder: take good care of your attendance. I will not think twice of barring you from the final exam if you have qualified yourself into the barring list.
Well, those are the five tips that I can share with you for now. It's not very difficult to be my students.
Psstt...I want to share a little secret with all of you. I don't like breathing down anyone's neck. Sometimes some people leave me with no other options:(
Okay. Have fun and I hope we will be able to survive till the end of week 14:)

2 Comments:

  • At 9:12 pm, Blogger Kev said…

    Good advise....the Ten Commandments - except that it's short of five.

     
  • At 10:35 am, Blogger Ai-Ling said…

    Well, most of the time, life is indeed a survival game:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home